Reading and notes

So this morning has been reading the module handbook over and over. I've highlighted some points and ordered a couple of books.
I have taken the advice of carrying a notebook with me and now I find myself having good full blown conversations with myself and then taking notes.....!!!
"What do I know?" and "what have I learnt?" are questions spinning round and round.
Does anyone have any advice on actually getting  started in trying to form these ramblings into an essay?
All help gratefully received 

Comments

  1. Dear Julie,

    Great to read your blog posts! I can completely relate to the question spinning all the time ;-)! Somebody in a Skype Session has once mentioned it and I find one way of organising my thoughts quite helpful: drawing spider maps, putting ideas/questions/possible areas of learning in the centre and playing around, with what might feed into it.
    I really struggle though with getting lost in interesting information, sometimes it seems like you could go on reading and researching for ever and ever ;-).
    Curious to hear if you found some other useful strategies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agata
      Many thanks for your thoughts and ideas. The journal that I carry with me everywhere is now filling up with questions. :-)

      Why was I taught in a certain way?
      Has that affected the way I teach?
      Why am I teaching the way I am?
      How effective is it?
      Is it effective?
      Can I prove it?

      The list goes on.. now I need to put the answers in (if there are any) I seem to have full blown conversations with myself!!
      I agree with you about getting lost in articles and books. I'm reading Gillie Bolton's 'Reflective Practice-Writing and Professional Development' at the moment so more questions to ask myself. :-)
      Good luck with your continued studies

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning and then developing change

Visit to Middlesex University

Assessments. Whats the point? are we getting it right?